Lifestyle Genetic Testing is an evidence-based DNA test that looks at specific genetic markers within multiple areas of health that contribute to the development of lifestyle-related disease.
Insights from genetic testing uncover an individual’s unique biochemistry, predispositions and interactions with environmental factors to predict inherent susceptibilities, and to guide personalized recommendations to optimize health and prevent disease.
Our genetic panel is a comprehensive nutrition and lifestyle test that analyzes 128 genetic markers within 96 genes. It is designed to empower individuals to improve their health and well-being by personalizing nutrition, exercise and lifestyle recommendations tailored to their unique genetic makeup.
What you can learn through lifestyle genetic testing:
- Physical Fitness – tailor your exercise regime to reduce risk of injury, maximize gains and benefit in the treatment of metabolic and cardiovascular diseases. Learn about your motivation to exercise, bone health, pain tolerance and requirements for recovery time.
- Food Sensitivities/Intolerances – understand how you metabolize alcohol and caffeine to know your limit and prevent associated disease. Find out if you are intolerant to lactose or sensitive to gluten and sodium.
- Diet – determine your ideal diet and macronutrient ratios to reduce weight, your risk of diabetes and to effectively lower triglyceride levels.
- Specific Nutrient Needs – know your susceptibility to nutrient deficiencies for exact dosing requirements and dietary needs. Including, vitamins A, B2, B6, B9/Folic Acid, B12, C, D, E; minerals – calcium, iron; omega 3 fatty acids; phosphatidylcholine; antioxidants, and probiotics.
- Mental Well-Being – identify biochemical nuances that impact your sensitivity to stress; mental and cognitive health; and risk for addiction.
- Lifestyle disease – understand underlying genetic susceptibilities to lifestyle diseases. By identifying these inherent pathways, precise preventative interventions will be integrated into your health protocol. Topics include:
- Detoxification – know if you are more sensitive to histamine, sulfites or the harmful effects of chemicals in smoked & charred meats that contribute to disease.
- Hormonal balance and hormone-based disease – are you a candidate for hormone therapy, or at risk for imbalance with testosterone, estrogen or thyroid hormones.
- Risk of obesity, type 2 diabetes, and factors such as appetite, satiety, response to exercise, snacking habits that contribute to their development.
- Neurological health – depression, anxiety, late-onset Alzheimer’s disease.
- Heart health – high cholesterol, plaque development, high blood pressure.
Important: Genetic testing is used to determine predispositions to symptoms and conditions. It is the interaction between the environment and genes (known as epigenetics) that will influence the outcome. For example, if you carry a genetic risk for a deficiency for iron, this does not necessarily mean that you have iron deficiency – your dietary and lifestyle habits and other health factors such as digestive health will determine if you develop a deficiency. Therefore, it is important to work with your doctor to assess the impact the genes are having using laboratory testing and a comprehensive health history.
Your DNA does not change, but your diet and lifestyle can influence how your genes are expressed, therefore impacting how genetics influence your overall health and wellbeing.
What to expect after getting your genetics tested?
- After your genetic kit is sent to the lab, it will take approximately three weeks to receive your results.
- Once your results are in, you will be notified that your genetic results are ready and you will be scheduled for a consultation to review your genetic report with Ace Sports Clinic’s Lifestyle Genetics Advisor, Dr. Robyn Murphy.
- After reviewing your intake forms and genetic report, Dr. Murphy will discuss the most impactful sections of your genetic results based on your health goals.
- After your appointment, you will be provided with a concise summary of your genetic report with the most impactful genetic-based recommendation. In addition, you will gain access to your full genetic report through your own unique password protected portal.
- Dr. Murphy may recommend a follow up appointment to obtain additional information and testing to curate your individual treatment program.
- Follow-up visits thereafter are based on your program, necessity and health goals
To see what lifestyle genetic testing can do for you, call us at Ace Sports Clinic today at 1-833-266-5223 or book online.
Ace Certified Practitioners
Our professional team of highly qualified health practitioners complete advanced training with us prior to becoming an Ace Certified Practitioner.